Firewall blocks my internet connection!!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by maramarice, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maramarice

maramarice Registered Member

Eset Smart Security Beta 5 blocks my internet connection. After I turn off the firewall everything comes to normal, but I don't wanna use the PC without firewall because Windows firewall is off also. Any help?

2. Hope this helps;

Firewall - Switching the Personal firewall to Learning mode makes the network unavailable and disables launching applications in Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Issue Description: While the network connection is re-enabled (previously disabled) and firewall was set from Automatic mode to Learning mode, there is no network connection within any web browser.

Solution: Switch your firewall to Automatic mode and restart your operating system.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2738

3. maramarice

maramarice Registered Member

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We'd need to get 2 logs from Wireshark with the network communication captured; one with fw disabled when Internet connectivity works and the other with fw enabled when the TCP flood attack is detected and connections blocked. It's either a problem with your router that generates this kind of attack and thus further communication is blocked or it's a sort of false attack detection (less likely). When you have the logs ready, let me know and I'll provide you with further instructions. As a workaround, go to the Zone setup and add the IP address 192.168.178.1 to the "Addresses excluded from active protection (IDS)" list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.