Firewall. Ask doesn't Deny?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by mil3s, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mil3s

mil3s Registered Member

Maybe someone can explain this to me. In Steam I have the following settings. In: ASK. Out: PERMIT. If I set the settings to: In: DENY. Out: PERMIT. The app no longer works. My question is. Why does it work then In is set to Ask? Shouldn't Ask deny until I permit?

When I used KerioPF4 I COULD use the DENY, PERMIT combination. I think it could be because of this feature which I think could be useful in ESS as well.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  2. mil3s

mil3s Registered Member

Firefox. In: ASK, Out: PERMIT. Quicktime movies plays fine. Changing In to Deny totally bocks playback.

Does this make sense to anyone?

3. roaringhere

roaringhere Registered Member

If I understand this correctly, you put IN as Deny, then you are not allowing the website to send you the file for playback Basically denying the playback of the file, I may say... Does it make sense?

4. mil3s

mil3s Registered Member

What doesn't make sense is that it works when In is set to ASK. If there is an incoming connection shouldn't I be asked to allow or deny this? If there aren't any incoming connections then I should be able to set In to Deny and everything should work fine... but it doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.