Firewall: any success with Samba?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by rturner, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rturner

rturner Registered Member

I'm testing the beta on a Windows XP Pro machine and initially couldn't browse that machine's shares from other machines on the LAN. I enabled trusted zone netbios requests, and that allowed other windows machines to mount the shares on the Smart Security Beta machine, but I haven't got it working with the linux machines yet.

The linux machines are running Samba and they always connected to the Windows shares fine before I put the Beta firewall on. It's not a big deal, I'm just testing, and I can always turn off the personal firewall, but I figured why not try and get it working? Anyone else have success connecting to Windows machines running the firewall from Linux?

2. rturner

rturner Registered Member

I got it working. Support sent me a link to a replacement eguiepfw.dll and now all computers in the trusted LAN can connect to my shares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.