Firefox statusbar flipping left to right

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

a bug? which will not be fixed any time soon as you can imagine. No chance of running the latest FF ?

3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I'm not sure it's a bug. More like a feature.
    AFAICT, there are two conditions, by design, under which the flipping will occur.
    1: As long as the "find" bar is visible, the status panel will be on the right.
    2: Without the find bar being visible, the flipping occurs when there's a link at/near the bottom left of the screen and hovering the mouse over that link then makes the "statusbar" flip to the right.

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Could you explain what exactly you'd like? Maybe someone somewhere has got a workaround.

Mine is this:
    Code:
    statuspanel{
       position: fixed;
       top: 55px;
    }
    That code goes into userChrome.css. I presume you are familiar with that. The top: 55px results in the "statusbar" being near the top left of your screen. Depending on how your Firefox is set up, it maybe necessary to increase or decrease that value to get it positioned just the way you like it...

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

I'd like it to stay in place on the left and not flip to the right when I mouse-over or use the search function. I'm not familiar with userChrome.css, though it doesn't sound to difficult. However I regularly connect my notebook to an external monitor with a higher resolution, if the statuspanel/bar is fixed in place at a certain length of pixels, I presume that it won't be at the desired location when switching displays.

6. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Looks like it's not possible to anchor it to the left. I just got used to it. There's an extension that allows you to place the contents of the "status bar" within the address bar. A lot of people like it. You could give it a try: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/
    The good thing is that the dev is pretty active and is available @ http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2001965

7. BoerenkoolMetWorst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.