FireFox plugins, etc.

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by SG1, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

In the FF browser, is it more or less "safe" to use Flash, QuikTime and other player type apps? {Seems to be that Spywareblaster has method to set kill bit for Flash I think it is - but, just in the MS browser(?)

I do use FireFox, except when checking on XP PRO etc. updates; I'm not certain, though, what to make of it about using varied FF browser plugins, and the safety thereof?

And, if not way off topic in this category: any links you can point me to, for reading/learning about sniffers? Have vague idea on what they are, or what they do, but would like to know more about them/usage, etc. Have seen them mentioned in forums here, as a type of safety or security checking type tool. But again, I can't say that one way or another with any great authority, at the moment.

Thanks, for any info/replies,
    SG1 (Pat)

2. tlu

tlu Guest

In the past there have been security leaks in several applications of this kind. It is therefore highly recommendable to use the excellent FF extension Noscript and to disable Java, Flash and other plugins by default as shown here.

3. fddfgf

fddfgf Guest

u can also use adblock for plugins here's a very simple filter /\.(js|wma|swf|wmf)/ of course im using a more advanced one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.