Firefox most popular on wilders.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Red Moon, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

A couple of years ago this was discussed quite a bit by the Ubuntu community IIRC. I don't think Google or Chrome quite fit the Ubuntu business model, although Mark Shuttleworth did do a deal with Amazon. Firefox runs really well on Linux though, come to think of it, so does SeaMonkey (SeaMonkey and Firefox share the same rendering engine) from my experience.

2. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

I do the same, save it in my PC and with Dropbox.

3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Does such a browser exist? If so, please mention its name.

4. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

so.....what do you use?

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@Snoop3 360 Extreme Explorer. The homepage is in Chinese, but the program installs in English (except for a few options in the settings which have not been translated). It uses both Chome's and Internet Explorer's rendering engines. It is fast and gets updated reguarly.

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@The Red Moon Of course no browser will suite everone. But, with 360 Extreme Explorer (or even Avant or Maxthon) I can configure them to work exctly how I want without using a single addon.

I'm sure what you say about FireFox is true, but I don't need that much customisation.

7. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

Firefox is "OK" at most, but it's one of the best there are, IMO.

Chrome is Closed-Source, spyes on the user, and is one of the most vulnerable there is.

Firefox loads non-free plug-ins, and endorses DRM. This is why I use a fork called "Iceweasel", but not the one available at Debian's repos, the one at Trisquel Repos.

The browser I'd love to use in a daily-basis is Konqueror, on of the most customizable I could find.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.