Firefox Hits Record Market Share

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Franklin, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

And so it should! :cool:
    TGDaily Article

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Not surprising to see these figures. Firefox continues to get better with each upgrade and both Opera & Chrome are eating into IE's market share. If IE8 turns out to be a clunker (still not looking good - Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Release Notes - yes, I know is BETA but it's not like Microsoft is a start-up company), watch for Firefox to really take off next year.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I actually thought firefox had a bigger market share lol. I'm happy to report that i'm responsible for 0.000001% of that market share having converted everyone i know to firefox :).

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

If you could choose your browser when you buy a new computer, rather than IE being automatically installed, I think before long IE would be fighting for 20% and FF or Opera would be fighting for the better half of the remaining 80%. :isay:

5. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

I think you make a good point.

Compaq tried doing this over ten years ago, and Microsoft threatened to withhold the Windows OS from Compaq if they didn't include IE. (source)

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Nice guys! Maybe if all the computer manufacturers united and wrote a letter to Microsoft and threatened to install Linux if they don't get a choice.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.