Firefox Hits Record Market Share

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Franklin, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franklin

    Franklin Registered Member

    Joined:
    May 12, 2005
    Posts:
    2,517
    Location:
    West Aussie
    And so it should! :cool:
    TGDaily Article
     
  2. JRViejo

    JRViejo Global Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2008
    Posts:
    20,921
    Location:
    U.S.A.
    Not surprising to see these figures. Firefox continues to get better with each upgrade and both Opera & Chrome are eating into IE's market share. If IE8 turns out to be a clunker (still not looking good - Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 Release Notes - yes, I know is BETA but it's not like Microsoft is a start-up company), watch for Firefox to really take off next year.
     
  3. farmerlee

    farmerlee Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2006
    Posts:
    2,585
    I actually thought firefox had a bigger market share lol. I'm happy to report that i'm responsible for 0.000001% of that market share having converted everyone i know to firefox :).
     
  4. twl845

    twl845 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2005
    Posts:
    4,186
    Location:
    USA
    If you could choose your browser when you buy a new computer, rather than IE being automatically installed, I think before long IE would be fighting for 20% and FF or Opera would be fighting for the better half of the remaining 80%. :isay:
     
  5. Dogbiscuit

    Dogbiscuit Guest

    I think you make a good point.

    Compaq tried doing this over ten years ago, and Microsoft threatened to withhold the Windows OS from Compaq if they didn't include IE. (source)
     
  6. twl845

    twl845 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2005
    Posts:
    4,186
    Location:
    USA
    Nice guys! Maybe if all the computer manufacturers united and wrote a letter to Microsoft and threatened to install Linux if they don't get a choice.....
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.