Firefox development: A lot is going on

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tlu, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Nope, it just keeps opening in PDF-XC. I can open in Google Docs. So, my guess is either some sort of conflict with an extension or something. I would experiment further with non-portable Firefox I suppose, but I don't really need this extension anyway. It was worth having a look though. I thought it might be useful particularly with a portable. I can't figure how to circumvent the default reader on a portable.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

No idea. In the "Applications" tab of Preferences I have set pdf files to "save file" rather than to open with Evince. Yet, after installing this extension, it goes ahead and opens (or tries to open) the file with pdf.js.

Have you tried to just disable any reader type of plug-in you may have installed?

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

You may as well stick with Google Docs, there is a perfectly good Google Docs Viewer extension.

I'm not sure how I can apply this to a portable browser. One of the reasons that this extension interested me in the first place was that it looked similar to the Google Docs Viewer. At work, the security protocols on the laptops there will let me into GMail but stops me accessing GDocs. On my own computers if I don't want to open the PDF on my computer's reader I just use GDocs.

5. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I'm willing to wait for all of those to be implemented/included in Firefox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.