firefox browser not recognized on my pc

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Johnries, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnries

Johnries Guest

Under my "protection" tab, it says that mozilla/firefox is not installed....

I use firefox as my browser, and cannot get Spywareblaster to recognize that I have it installed.... any suggestions to get it to see my firefox browser?

thanks, John

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. johnries

johnries Guest

I followed advice on this site, and renamed my .dat file (it was only 1K ) and it still does not recognize that I use firefox... my current firefox version is 1.0.6

site said to post this message here!

can anyone help get firefox browser recognized so I have some protection?
    thanks,

4. Get

Get Guest

Download the new Firefox , uninstall Spywareblaster, uninstall Firefox, restart pc, if present delete the Spywareblaster-folder in program files, !, install Firefox 1.5, install Spywareblaster. That should work. If it doesn't, you could consider uninstalling Firefox and after a restart delete the mozilla-folders and clean registry. This makes you loose you're bookmarks and so on, so it's only a last resort! (!: here you could use a trustworthy regcleaner as Ace Utilities or RegSupreme if you're comfortable working with them. After using it:restart pc.).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2005
  5. petesalomone

petesalomone Registered Member

I had Firefox 1.5.0.1 installed. Then I installed SB 3.4; it didn't recognize FF. I immediately found SB 3.5 & installed it. It didn't recognize FF. I searched my registry for registry.dat and found two neither related to FF. I have XP.

6. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.