Firefox Bookmarks Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by egresor, Jan 17, 2020.

1. egresor

egresor Registered Member

First of all Firefox Support Forums SUCK!

Hope someone here can help? When loading Firefox today I find that clicking on the library tab and clicking on the bookmarks selection nothing happens. In the past I could click on the bookmarks under the library tab I got the main bookmarks listings and the tab at the bottom to open all bookmarks. Now I get nothing.

I got the browser to show the file,edit,view,history,bookmarks,tools,help toolbar to display at the top of the browser, but bookmarks through the library button does nothing. Tried to find the bookmarks json in the profiles folders I could find and found nothing. Finding bookmarks also sucks in Firefox.

Hope that is clear? I can still access bookmarks through the bar browser, but no other means.

Thanks for the helps.

2. egresor

Ok...found the folder with the bookmark json file in the following folder

C:\Users\PC User\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\mx0kpm9b.default

found through help/troubleshooting/Profile Folder. Problem still exists and bookmarks are only available through the toolbar.

3. egresor

Have no explanation but closed Firefox to work on something and reloading shows bookmarks menu as normal. Guess it was some sort of a loading problem.
    Thanks

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

agree, if you speak about the main forums in usa.
    no problem here, some people complained about the moved search bar, but now they are quiet.
    if you speak about "show parent folder", well, it is missing. there is no replacement, but some extension can do
    Bookmark search plus 2
    Bookmarks Manager and Viewer
    i dropped both because in some cases they react buggy. pity.
    do you use some kind of system cleaners? eg ccleaner? or cleaner from some antivirus?
    anyhow you should check your SMART values for the hard drive, maybe upcoming data loss.

and you should create regularly backups of your profile(s).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.