Firefox and Opera crashing all the time, WinXP default IE works <- what's the problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MikeNAS, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Hello!

I have fresh TinyXP (+all critical&recommend updates) installation, no java or flash. My internet security suite is BullGuard and I have also Prevx1 installed. No more installed apps (Firefox & Opera of course).

When I start Firefox or Opera it's works fine a little time and then crashes. If page is only text based it works longer. Same pages with default WinXP IE works fine. What's my problem?

I don't have this problem last week but then I use wireless->broadband now broadband only. All AV etc. auto updates works fine.

-MikeNAS

2. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

that could be the problem. were you the one who removed the components or did someone doit for you? (so we know what was removed) removing too much stuff from wonderful windowz sometimes gives unexpected results.

3. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Re: Firefox and Opera crashing all the time, WinXP default IE works <- what's the pro

Last week TinyXP but everything else works fine. Is there something process/service which Firefox/Opera needs but IE don't? Installing Java and Flash doesn't help.

EDIT1: One of my svchost.exe takes about 35MB mem and another one about 15MB mem. Is that normal?

EDIT2: And when I close Firefox in right corner X the process (firefox.exe) is still running.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.