Firefox Add-on Protection and Opera

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Reprotected, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reprotected

Reprotected Registered Member

Doesn't Firefox have a feature that blocks websites for installing add-ons to? Can SpywareBlaster 4.2 or any future releases support that?

Also, when is protection for Opera coming out? Rogue software websites can still attack Opera with javascripts, etc.

2. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Yes, in the Options:

Attached Files:

3. Reprotected

So can SpywareBlaster protect those add-ons? I know that cookie blocking helps block add-ons too, but it would be helpful to prevent those installations (like Zango Toolbars/Hotbar, MyWebSearch, Megaupload containing Megaclick)
    For all I know, Spybot Search and Destroy helps, but I wonder if SpywareBlaster can do that too, I also believe that each add-on uses CLSID too, you can see it if your Firefox crashes.

Thanks =]

4. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

I do not use SpyWareBlaster and never have. And I have not used SpyBot Search&Destroy in several years.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Firefox, by default, blocks the installation of add-ons. So you have very little to worry about.

In regard to protection for Opera: We've had it requested a few times before, and it's on our to-do list. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. Reprotected

Thank you =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.