Firefox 9.3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kathyhl, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

Hi all, hope I'm posting this in an appropriate place. After looking at all the security issues in IE, as apposed to Firefox, I finally decided to change browsers today, so downloaded and installed Firefox. Was pretty happy with my initial "meeting" with Firefox, so I called my daughter and also had her download it. Now to the question.....My daughter called me a few hours later and said she couldn't run any of her game sites with Firefox. I then went into one of the game sites and it told me that I would have to download java in order to get in. I read a little about the java that I would be downloading, and it mentioned java for IE and Netscape, so now I'm assuming this java I just downloaded would be for Firefox. I'm certainly no software expert, and just a little pc challenged, so any information about this would be helpful. Am I right in assuming this java, once installed, will actually enhance where I can go with Firefox? Is there something else I should also do with Firefox to enable anything more I may need? (That last question is probably pretty open ended)

Thanks for all your help :)

Kathy

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hey Kathy!

Follow the link to setup Firefox with the plugins.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=29534

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/firefox-windows.html

Last edited: Aug 7, 2004
  3. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

Thank you very much ronjor :)

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You"re welcome Kathy! I hope you enjoy Firefox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.