Firefox 7

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Searching_ _ _, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Fix For Hidden Add-Ons After Updating To Firefox 7

2. mantra

mantra Registered Member

no memory optimisation
    i opened 6 schedules more then 200mb
    closed 5 200mb
    after 10 mintues of idle still 200mb :thumbd: :thumbd:

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

As time has moved on, I'm finding memory use to be very spiking. I've been hitting 300Mb with simply two tabs open. It will lower to about 280, but that's a pretty consistent number and pretty high for just two tabs, imho, even if Flash or another media is involved.

4. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Yeah I've not seen any memory improvement, bummer but oh well. At least it seems a bit snappier for the most part.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

In some ways, yes. I still am often lagging quite a bit when I type. Also, scrolling sometimes lags as well.

6. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

7. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Oh goody! Another immediate bug fix. I can't wait to update my computers/portables etc again. :blink:

8. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

The add-on MeasureIt doesn't work. :(

Youtube has issues with remembering the current volume setting when viewing multiple videos, the volume setting does not carry over into the new video. :'(
    I didn't have any issues when using 6.0.2. (As far as I can remember.)

9. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

One odd quirk, probably a bug, that seems to have popped up in the new version: If I'm viewing an image, typically JPG, and I right-click on it to view image info, I'm now consistently seeing image size reported as "0 x 0 (scaled to [e.g.] 1024 x 768 )". I keep auto-resize always on (my display is normally 800x600 for better clarity), and shut that off if I want to save the image, and the saved file is quite properly 1024x768 (or whatever the original was supposedly "scaled to").

Guess this means an upcoming patch, unless there's something oddball on my system that only affects me.

10. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

11. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I'm not saying you care, but why does anyone care about memory usage these days? FF 7 is using about 260megs on my machine right now. Since I run Windows 7x64 with six gigs why would I care and want FF to use less? On the other hand I do appreciate that FF 7 starts noticeably faster. FF 6 was dragging on startup, especially on my laptop. I know there are still people out there running XP with 512 megs, but really it's time for them to at least get a little more ram, don't you think? :cool:

12. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I definitely care. More than ever in fact. With XP I wouldn't have cared because I had 1GB of RAM and... hell nothing was being done with it anyways.

With any modern OS you have Prefetching and that WILL use RAM. Free RAM is not wasted RAM anymore. Every memory leak in a program is a file that no longer gets cached. So, despite my 8GB of RAM, I still care about memory usage.

13. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

14. Victek

Victek Registered Member

A memory "leak" suggests that the memory usage keeps rising and/or isn't released when an app is closed. Do you find that recent versions of FF have this problem?

15. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

With their new versions coming out so quickly, I've lost track of which one was supposed to include this. But one of the latest (or upcoming) versions is supposed to fix the problem of a tab taking forever to release memory it was using after it's closed.

16. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

17. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

I wonder what they did during that 6-week beta cycle. Running with a blank profile like they advise everyone who has some/any problem ?........:rolleyes:

18. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I don't use Firefox. I haven't used it as my main browser since 3.x.

19. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Just got a 7.01 update.....

20. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Me too - all addons working fine except gmail manager

21. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Me three. I think it fixes some add-ons being hidden apparently.

22. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Maybe too little time? I doubt anyone, except die-hard Firefox fans, runs a blank profile as their default browser.

23. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Apart from a problem with WMP (only on my notebook) which resulted in me downloading IE Tab, the only other niggle is that the add-ons bar doesn't always display properly after a re-launch in some themes. This can be fixed by merely hiding/unhiding it (Ctrl + /). I think this is a great version of Firefox & has potential & some brilliant extensions, but I think I won't be using it as my main browser. I had it as default on my notebook as a bit of a trial. It turned out to be too much of a trial ...

24. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

All FireFox add-ons working with the new version. The loading speed of webpages seems quite good now.

25. mantra

mantra Registered Member

securelogin 0.9.8 doesn't work good to me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.