Firefox 57: an overview of what's new (with resources)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by summerheat, Aug 25, 2017.

1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Thanks for that! It seems pretty awesome. But I'm guessing they're meant for theme developers and not directly accessible to end-users?

2. summerheat

summerheat Registered Member

Yes, it seems so!

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Cool, but I believe you can argue that certain features, like bookmarks and tab management are more important than others. Instead the Firefox team decided to implement an ad-blocker and screenshot tool, while there are plenty of better solutions out there.

But anyway, do you have experience with the Pocket tool? I became excited until I saw you need to sign up, and they are probably monitoring all of your bookmarks. Also, is there a way to make the tab bar show multiple rows? This is another example of something that FF should already take care of.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Certainly, but every person has different needs and I guess most people don't care. But I do acknowledge that some things do work better if they are included as standard, rather than requiring an extension. For example, I'm using an extension which makes new tabs open to the right of the current tab. While it works, new tabs actually still open at end of all other tabs and then are moved next to current tab, rather than opening next to the current tab in the first place.
    No I don't. Actually this is the first I've heard of it. I've never taken much interest in Firefox until the last few weeks when I started using it.