firefox 3

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kaminikij, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaminikij

kaminikij Registered Member

I am using your latest version4.1 and cant thank you enough. But I am having a problem with the cookie blocking in firefox3.0.Some of these show up in my cookies although they should be blocked. One that troubles me is tribal fusion and bs-serving-sys.com. I am using Panda anivirus 2008 and it doesnt detect anything(also ran an online scan) and nothing was found. About 1 month ago Panda removed some adware called coolsavings but nothing else has been detected since. Do I have reason to be concerned? Any advice will be most appreciated. Thanks so much
    kaminikij

2. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

This is the type of problems with all these detection software not one can stop them all. Try PC Tools AV Free and see if it can find anything hiding on your system?

3. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

Hello,

With Firefox 3, SpywareBlaster does not protect against tracking-cookies.

I uninstalled SpywareBlaster, become useless for Firefox.

To manage cookies, use CookieSafe with white list: https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/5207

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster 4.1 has full support for Firefox 3.

If you're encountering a problem, could you please provide more details about your system and configuration?

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

5. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

SpywareBlaster 4.1 can read sqlite files?

I find it more efficient to manage my cookies with CS Lite. I have my white liste of good cookies.

With CS Lite, I have no tracking-cookie. With SpywareBlaster, I had cookies (and the updates for Firefox are very very rare).

Regards.

6. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

Nobody to answer the question?

SpywareBlaster 4.1 can read sqlite files?
    or
    Spywareblaster can modify a sqlite file? I do not think.

Bye

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  7. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

I just made an experiment with SpywareBlaster I reinstalled for the cause.

SpywareBlaster modifies the file permissions.sqlite (comparison via SQLite Manager files with and without vaccination): 154 entries without vaccination and 384 after vaccination.

So my conclusion: vaccination SpywareBlaster seems to work with Firefox 3.

Bye.

8. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

You might want to look into a couple of extensions to Firefox. Specifically, NoScript and AdBlockPlus (with the EasyListUSA filter subscription).

9. Sacles

Sacles Registered Member

I use Ad-Block Plus (and NoScript) for a long time, but in Europe, often used the list List FR + EasyList.

My extensions for Firefox: AdBlock Plus - NoScript - CookieSafe Lite - Better Privacy - CustomizeGoogle - RefControl - Redirect Remover

Bye.

10. dmitriyv

dmitriyv Registered Member

Hi I am currently running Winodws XP SP3 and have Firefox 3... I'm encountering a problem with SpywareBlaster 4.1 which I never had prior to the update to FF3. SpywareBlaster now shows Firefox as "Not Detected"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.