FIREFOX 3 Vs. IE7 ; RESULT FIREFOX 0 - IE7 100

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Kas, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Like I said, you won't be convincing many that FF is not so good.

Now, examine from a different standpoint your original post. Regardless of your exact words, you come off as sort of having an attitude against FF and praising IE. That is ok really, everyone should use what they like.

But understand that the majority of peeps in the know will readily admit that IE brings more risk by far than FF. You should expect to get replies that criticizes your statement, because of how your statement seems to feel. It is hard sometimes to get past the feel of a post and look at the words and thier meaning. Different people write... differently. A grain of salt is always handy to have about. I know. Sometimes when I reply, I am quite sure from responses that I come off as something other than what I intended.

I hate FF. Cannot stand it. I prefer Kmeleon, but many will scoff because.. they just don't like it. One thing I have learned over the years, is that there are some people who like what you like. And there are some who don't. Much tension comes into posts when person A tries to convice person B that something is better or worse. No amount of facts and common sense can persuade someone to like something when they don't. And vice-versa.

Cheers.

Sul.

2. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

I told you regarding spybot imunization=Active X.Not neccesary for Firefox
    They are different browsers.You are used to IE.
    Btw your posts doesn't imply that you need help,they show you are used to IE and hate Firefox which is perfectly OK.I loled about the thread title.
    As other members told you using appropiate language ask questions and if someone knows it will definetly answer.

That must be the toolbar,Firefox doesn't behave like that.

3. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I came to this forum knowing virtually nothing about browsers or security.
    I read as much as I could and asked questions.
    And I have received a tremendous amount of help from the other forum members.
    I'm still a newbie compared to most of the members and that's ok. I just keep learning.
    I will say that the first time I read your post I thought you were just joking around.
    Apparently you weren't.
    I don't talk that way to people and I don't think I've ever asked for help by making denigrating remarks about something that I didn't understand.
    I almost never use IE. I use Firefox 3.
    If I don't want pop ups I go to Tools > options > content and click on block pop up windows. I learned that by exploring the tools, not by asking. And you can install many security Add Ons by going to Tools and clicking on Add Ons.
    Mozilla has a Users Guide/How to that many people find useful.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugger

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Frankly, this thread has more than run its course.

The premise of the opening post was that Firefox is no good and IE7 is great, mostly because of the "Crawler toolbar", which the original poster seems to have thought was part of Firefox.

Since then, it has been pointed out that the toolbar is from Spyware Terminator, not Firefox. So, that is something learned.

All the rest of the thread has been complaints... by some posters regarding the posting style and content of the original poster, and by the original poster about the style and attitude of some of the replies given them. None of that has any substance and it's not worth an ongoing thread.

A lesson learned is that it is better to not make such an aggressive opening post, (essentially saying product XYZ sucks and ABC is great), because all that leads to is people who like XYZ rebutting with their opinions that it's a fine product and the other is no good. This forum is not about posting bashes against products, or about bashing posters for how they post - for or against something or someone.

Let's move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.