Firefox 23 final will be released on August 6

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by siljaline, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Hmm, if have no idea what it is, I tried it on two more computers, only worked on one of them. All have different security software so that can't be it.

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I have two 32 bit laptops running Vista & a 64 bit desktop running Win 7 (all running MSE) & QupZilla portable runs on all of them. I have discovered that certain mail sites are problematical though. I can't access my Zoho mail account & it won't let me write in GMX (although the same happened with Opera in GMX). AOL acts a bit strange but Yahoo! & Gmail are fine.

3. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

That I guess is a GMX issue. I always had issue with it, I was not even able to change my password. I gave it up.

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

Ah, finally found the issue, it crashes with SEHOP set to Opt-out.

I like the browser so far, not as extensive customization as FF, but it has quite a few security and privacy related options.
    It has TLS 1.2 enabled by default and also supports the new AES-GCM ciphers(and also the 256 bit variants with SHA384, FF and Chrome dev versions don't have those), it's the first browser I know of that has this in a stable release version :)
    Unfortunately, you can't see any of the encryption details from HTTPS connections.

5. Daveski17

Also, I have known my GMX contacts disappear for no reason. Others have claimed this as well. I have not trusted GMX since. It's OK for an emergency back up though I suppose.

6. Daveski17

QupZilla has its limitations & David Rosca openly admits this. I find it a very useful, light & quick portable however.

7. BoerenkoolMetWorst

Do you know if QupZilla has some sort of about:config / chrome://flags or something like that with hidden settings?

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

@BoerenkoolMetWorst, try qupzilla:config

9. Daveski17

WSFuser is right about typing qupzilla:config in the runbar but I haven't really looked at it properly.

10. Daveski17

Do you know how to enable Windows Media Player with the ns-mswmp.dll file? Normally I just paste it into SeaMonkey or Firefox's plugins folder & it runs WMP on some BBC pages. I've tried this with the portable QupZilla but it won't run WMP.

11. BoerenkoolMetWorst

Thanks, though it doesn't seem to have any settings, it is more like FF's about:support.

12. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Has anyone noticed these privacy changes ?

Attached Files:

13. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

they are right tho, by copying chrome, mozilla is inadvertedly removing a barrier for users to switch.

I now have made 2 profiles for my FF.

ESR v24 is my default, but I have one on a release version as wel also I can assess ff25 when it comes. Both profiles are clones of the same profile, so same tabs, addons config etc.

14. Orhin

Orhin Guest

Why not switching to Chromium when Mozilla removes Basic Customization away from the Browser into add-on Devs hands? Some people used Firefox because stuff was inside the Browser and not only available trough 3rd party add-ons or css hacks.

These people just see then no reason anymore in using Mozilla Products when the other party also offers more or less the same then now, only faster and more technology advanced. Simple calculation!

It is sad that Mozilla now even drives some of the Core user Base away which used Firefox since the Beginning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.