Firefox 10 final now available.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I doubt anyone knows how to fix it. But if it were me... I would make sure that you have emptied the contents of your sandbox, Reinstall Firefox, including a new profile, and make sure you have the most up to date graphics drivers, or if you recently updated them, roll back to the previous. Beyond that I have little else to suggest. :doubt:

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I'm having some issues with • check my spelling as I type

Anyone else seeing this, or lack of ?

Thanks.

3. guest

guest Guest

Automatic spell-checking is working well here.

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thank you - it would seem English US was re-selected, I have reverted to Canadian English as their are slight nuances and certain words spelled differently. Appreciate the feedback.

5. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

I will probably try reinstall both firefox and sandboxie, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of setting up firefox the way i like it again. I do have some settings tweaked in about:config in firefox and some services disabled in windows 7.

I haven't had this problem happen so far right, but I think it will start again once I start watching videos on youtube. Maybe it has something to do with adobe flash player?

6. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

Yep, as soon as I started watching videos on youtube, it makes this problem happen. If I'm just browsing forums and stuff, it doesn't make this problem start.

7. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Yes, I can confirm this too. As soon as I start watching something on YouTube, the bug you described manifests itself. I don't use Sandboxie, though, so it might just be flash related. Still, it prevented me to install 10.0 (at least until this is fixed).

8. mantra

mantra Registered Member

may i ask a question about v10?

sometime it asked me to install some plugins
    may i avoid this?

9. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Regarding spellchecking & cursor disappearances, I thought that the cursor wasn't showing in Google Calendar, then I re-initiated the spellchecker, which seemed to have become deactivated & it was fine. It also automatically returned to spelling in my default 'British English'.

10. Daveski17

Firefox will sometimes ask about some plug-ins on initial launch. I don't know if it can be disabled. You just deny the plug-ins you don't want. This behaviour can be irritating on a portable browser. It would be nice to be able to deactivate it in 'about:config'. I just don't know how.

11. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

Oh it happenes without Sandboxie as well? Hmmm. good to know it's not just me. It only happens after watching Youtube videos like you said. I think it has something to do with firefox 10 and adobe flash not working out.

12. J_L

J_L Registered Member

The new version also fixed my download freeze issue, which is great.

13. Daveski17

I have just noticed that after opening my iGoogle page the cursor flashes briefly & disappears. When I return to my homepage (DuckDuckGo) I find it usually hasn't returned, I can write in the text boxes though. I wondered if it was an extension issue, but I think it is a Firefox 10 bug.

EDIT: I'm getting this in SeaMonkey 2.7 as well so it must be something with the present version of Gecko. My Portable Apps SeaMonkey 2.6.1 (Gecko/20111221 Firefox/9.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.6.1) does not suffer from this problem.

I agree it is annoying, enough for me to change my default browser until this is resolved.

Roll on Firefox 10.0.1 eh? ;) o_O

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  14. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

There appears to be a bug in Firefox 10 that concerns the flash plugin (and possibly java). I found a fix in a thread posted on the Mozilla board. I can probably find it if anyone wants to try it.

15. Daveski17

I had a hunch it could be a Java related bug. I'd be interested in having a bit of a butcher's hook at this fix, although you'd think that there would be an official fix soon. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are affected by this bug. I'm just glad I kept the previous SeaMonkey installer. I wish I'd done the same with Firefox.

16. Cloudcroft

So far this fix has worked for me. Initially, after playing a Youtube video, I couldn't type in the url bar, search bar, or in the text box to post in forums. After the fix, everything is working okay. Find posts by "Just sayin" on page 1 and 2 of this thread on the Mozillazine board.
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2417255&start=15

17. Daveski17

OK thanks I'll have a look. :thumb:

EDIT: I may just wait for the inevitable Fx 10.0.1 release as I don't feel that confident in about:config. I changed my portable Firefox installations back to 9.0.1. I think that this rapid release cycle has a lot to answer for LOL.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  18. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I didn´t have any of these problems with FF 10 beta. The same with 11 beta, which I am using now. I use Flash 11.2.x, now on 11.2.202.197 (updated manually, auto update isn´t working anymore).

19. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

+1. I'm also using Java 7 (now u2) and have had absolutely no issues that appear to be related thereto either.

20. Daveski17

I'm using (the recommended) Java Version 6 Update 30, & I have experienced this cursor bug on three separate computers, with both portable & C-Drive versions of Firefox & SeaMonkey.

21. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

I tried enabling ipc.dom back to True, but then I get plug in container.exe error in Sandboxie.

Also, I can't find the plugin they are talking about on the mozilla forums in about config. I guess we'll just have to wait for Firefox to update.

22. Cloudcroft

Wutsup, when you get the error message in Sandboxie about the plugin-container.exe, there is a button in the error message window that you can click to add it to the programs allowed to start.

You will need to add dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll in about:config and set it to true. That's what fixed the problem for me.

23. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I'll try it a bit later and tell you if it solved the issue :)

Later edit: the problem seems to be gone when using dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll fix.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  24. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Java 7 Update 1 here.

25. Cloudcroft

Glad to hear it worked for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.