Financial Organizations : Lecture Customers on Security and Then Break The Rules

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by phasechange, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

Guys,

I am getting annoyed with getting preached to by the Financial Industry that seams to think its customers are all idiots that will click on anything. Then they send you emails telling you with URLs that appear to be genuine but link somewhere else...

"Our site address is the same as always, so please take a look at www.shareview.co.uk."

... which links to http://shareview.chtah.com/a/loadofgarbagedeletedforsecurityreasonbyme/homepage2

... a completely different domain. I think Chtah.com is a software services company but that's only because that's what google tells me. I don't trust them and I don't trust a bank that obscures URLs.

Even the email address isn't at Shareview.... support-b0v7q2jag3ehqca9vs51wax9g7875b@shareview.chtah.com

Is it just me ranting :D or are they making it harder for there customers to tell the difference between the good guys and the bad guys?

Love and Rockets,
    Phasechange

2. herbalist

herbalist Guest

Are you sure that e-mail isn't a phish? I find it hard to believe a legit company would send that.
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.