FinalCrypt - File Encryption Program

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by mood, Apr 3, 2018.

1. tdw

tdw Registered Member

So you ignore the security of your algorithm and base the supposed security of the resulting encryption solely on the key which is use on a broken algorithm...

Since you seem to believe there is some kind of restriction on the keylength could you at least point it out? Where is such a restriction enforced?

There are some common key length namely 128/256 bit, resulting of the fact that even 128 cannot be broken by brute force (by the known limits of physics)

The reason most encryption uses short keys, is because that is their greatest advantage.

https://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram/archives/2002/1015.html#7

You also have yet to provide any reason not to use any other encryption program except for empty claims. And since you seem to believe in prove of concept please provide prove that you can break AES128. Since they use such short keys that should be a piece of cake according to your own logic.

2. Ron de Jong

Ron de Jong Registered Member

FinalCrypt's encryption algorithm is nothing but take the next bit of the cipher file and if that bit is a 1 then negate the corresponding data bit.
    If the last cipher bit is read then start reading from the beginning of the cipher file again (loop through the cipher). That is not a broken algorithm, that's just cipher 1 bits negating data bits.
    It can't get simpler and still you assume the algorithm is broken. This shows your lack of competence.

3. brians08

brians08 Registered Member

Negate bits? What does that even mean? Surely you must mean bitwise XOR because anything else would be nonsense.
    Please help us out in understanding your qualifications. You have a masters or PhD in finite field mathematics, or differential cryptanlysis? Personal recommendation from a well known cryptoanalyst? 10 years working as an analyst for the NSA? I searched LinkedIn for Ron de Jong, found many accounts but none with anything that was remotely related to crypto.

4. Ron de Jong

Negating is just slang for flipping a bit from 0 to 1 and 1 to 1. XOR is the way two bits do that indeed if you wanna sound interesting to others. If you want to hit a dog there's always a stick to be found. Only one thing counts for me and that's FinalCrypt's encryption strength. You got no beef on FinalCrypt, so you hit the dog creating it! I don't give a **** *** about ego tripping educational status, only about data security effectiveness. Period.

5. brians08

Ok then. "cause I say so" is good for me

6. Ron de Jong

Probably the simple way FinalCrypt encrypts is too hard to understand for some...

7. mood

mood Updates Team

FinalCrypt - File Encryption Program v2.2.0 (June 7, 2018)
    Available for: Windows, Linux, macOS
    Website
    Download

8. Ron de Jong

Thank you Mood.

9. mood

mood Updates Team

You're welcome :)

10. tdw

tdw Registered Member

What you describe is known as one time pad. This simple algorithm has been invented in 1882 and has since then been analyzed by many people leading to the discovery of certain conditions that have to be met for the algorithm to be secure. If those conditions are not met, the algorithm can be broken. This has been shown again and again in numerous papers, studies and proof of concepts.

The only pseudo argument you have provided so far is the plain lie that your algorithm is just too simple to be broken, ignoring the facts that have been on the table for centuries...

11. brians08

This is basically a flat vs sphere argument. Best let it go :(

12. Ron de Jong

You guys are just jealous only being capable of tearing down the competition by parroting other people's theories. What do you got to show for your self? Don't bother I'm not really interested :)

13. tdw

tdw Registered Member

I don't need to prove that the earth is not flat, sorry.
    If the obvious facts that others have found centuries ago are not enough for you, nobody can help you.

14. mood

mood Updates Team

FinalCrypt - File Encryption Program v2.2.1 (June 23, 2018)
    Website
    Download

15. mood

mood Updates Team

FinalCrypt - File Encryption Program v2.3.1 (July 30, 2018)
    Website
    Download

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  16. Ron de Jong

Thank you Mood. Just to get back to the one-time pad discussion i'd like to clarify one thing. FinalCrypt does not demand a one-time pad key / cipher file (completely random key at least as big a the data block to encrypt etc.). FinalCrypt allows the user to use any key / cipher file above 1KB. The user can decide form him / her self to use a key / cipher file that complies to one-time pad requirements. Complete user-freedom is what it comes down to.
    For instance I use a random key / cipher data block of many many MBs (secret). This key / cipher is so big that only 50 out of my 100.000+ files are not one-time pad encrypted as only those 50 files are bigger than my key / cipher file. FinalCrypt of course can also use key / cipher files much bigger e.g. many Giga or even Tera bytes (or bigger) large, but to me I don't find it necessary, although FinalCrypt is perfectly capable of one-time pad encrypting humongous files.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.