Filseclab Personal Firewall and port 1054

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dread, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dread

dread Registered Member

I decided to try out Filseclab Personal Firewall. I ran the [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif]Shields Up test and all ports were stealthed but port 1054. Port 1054 was closed. Does anyone know why and how I can get that port stealthed.
    [/FONT]

2. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

GRC it again using the 'User Specified Custom Port Probe'
    Type in the offending port (1054) and go.
    Open up Filseclab's monitor. Look for:
    'Action': PASS
    'Application': probably either your browser or email client
    'Protocol': TCP/in
    'Local IP/Port': x.xxx.xx.xxx/1054.

Now open up Filseclab's app. rules and create a new rule:
    Application: select the app. that let pass in monitor.
    Remote: Anynet
    Direction: In, Anytime
    Protocol: TCP
    Action: Deny
    Local Port: 1054
    Description: ((any description you like (optional))

Hit OK
    Now just move the new rule up (Ctrl+U) to just above the first rule for that particular app.
    Hit "Apply"
    You're done!
    GRC it again w/ specific port probe (paying attention to the monitor) to verify all is well.

3. dread

dread Registered Member

Thank you but I fount the solution. Fount the update pack that they did not tell anyone about. That update pack updated Filseclab Personal Firewall to version 3.0.2.8950. Everything was stealthed when I went back and ran the test after I updated. I like the firewall. Low on resources, when you allow something it fully allow the program. More and more firewalls or not fully allowing programs when tell the firewall to allow the program. I was using Comodo. I liked Comodo also real good firewall but you would get lowid on emule and port problem with other p2p apps. Had problems with a online game. When you hit allow the firewall should fully allow a program and Filseclab Personal Firewall does that no lowid with emule and no port problems with other p2p apps and no online gaming problem. Good program.

4. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Cool.
    Yea, I don't know why they (Filseclab) didn't offer any update notification.
    I remember even the Filseclab program's 'Update' feature didn't find it (??).
    Good luck with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.