File Wiping

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by luv2bsecure, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

Sorry, Unicron...I haven't a clue as to how I missed your post and question. I was looking back for something else and saw your post. I went into SBS&D and I might be blind as a bat and dumber than dumb, but for the life of me, I cannot find a file wipe in the program. I gave up. WHERE is it o_O? I have been using it for it's start-up scan, but not much more and as I said, I can't find any file wiper. If you are going to tell me it's the big eraser right there on page one I am going to go hide.   :rolleyes:

John
    Luv2BSecure

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

John - On the main screen of IS, do you have 'Show more Options' check-marked? Pete

3. PepiMK

PepiMK Registered Member

Well, maybe you haven't seen the file shredder because it is only available in the latest betas, not in the public 0.95 :D

The latest betas have an Outlook style toolbar to the left, and under section Tools there is the 'Secure Shredder'.

Any feedback on it is appreciated :)

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

My apologies - I'm thinking you were asking about IS and you were talking about SBS&D!

Will brain-death make it as an excuse?  :D  Pete

5. luv2bsecure

Pete: I think brain-death is a great excuse! If that's what has happened, remember you can only use that particular excuse once!  :)

John
    Luv2BSecure

6. luv2bsecure

Pepi - (Is it Patrick?)...

I just went to the site and the download is only for the public 0.95. How can I get the beta with the shredder? By the way, you are doing a superb job with SBS&D. I run it at startup and after any session where I've been surfing for a great length of time. Kudos all the way.

John
    Luv2BSecure.........Well, no need to reply. I just needed to read the next post where you directed us to the forum with the beta link - thanks!

7. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

http://patrick.kolla.de/software/files/spybotsd.preview.zip is the location of the latest beta, John. Pete

8. jerryctx

jerryctx Registered Member

John - Its not that I'm skeptical. Your statement seems so positive I was hoping I had missed release 2.0 of the Bill of Rights. :D

9. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Release 2.0 sounds like it might not be a bad idea!

(Although actually all you'd have to do is re-release v1.0 and make the appropriate people read it with the best interests of American people in mind). Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.