File System Errors

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by TQS, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TQS

TQS Registered Member

Hi,

My PC died, so I stuck the drive in as a slave in my new PC to access old data. The main partition was (AFAIK) NTFS, with some smaller FAT/FAT32 partitions.

The main partition does not show up under Windows. Disk Director says under General that the partition is a type 0x7 (NTFS, HPFS), with no File System. Under File System, it reports that the file system has an invalid format.

I had used TrueImage to clone this drive just a day before (as I thought the disk may be failing), and both disks show the same error - even though the PC appeared to work normally (until the total crash) with both old + new disks.

Any thoughts on how to restore the partition would be appreciated.

TIA

Ian

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TQS,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please create Acronis Report, for that please do the following?

- Download the Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete. Please attach your hard drives before running AcronisReport.exe;
    - Send the 'report.txt' file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.