File Submission bubble keeps popping up!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by kentonator, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kentonator

kentonator Registered Member

I posted this question on the wrong section for the forum and do not see an option to delete my original post. Sorry to the admins for double posting.

A bubble keeps popping up on my task bar "ESET NOD32 Antivirus - File Submission" stating "Some of the suspicious files suitable for analysis have been been approved for submission yet. To open an apporval window, click on this message"

when I click on the message the bubble just goes away another nothing pops up for approval. I did a little research and people said the files in the quarantine need to be submitted(or deleted). The problem with this is when I open up the quarantine there are no files to select for submission.

This is currently happening to 4 users who all received an email. ESET instantly warned the users about the message. They quarantined and deleted the file through ESET without ever opening the email.

How can I get this message to stop popping up for my users?

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

3. kentonator

Hey thanks for that. If I do this on a windows 7 machine it won't let me delete the cache saying it is open in the "ESET Service". I disabled ESET on the toolbar, same result. I went to Control Panel> Admin Tools> Services and found the ESET Serivce, it did not give me an option to "stop" or "pause" so I tried to change it from automatic, to disabled. This returns access denied. I found one suggestion that says to disable the self-defense in ESET which will allow me to disable the service. But then guy went on to complain that solution did not work for him. Before I continue with my client is that the accepted way to turn off this service?

4. kentonator

Also, how do I disable self-defense? In the post I the user was instructed to hit F5 navigate to Computer -> HIPS and untick the "Enable HIPS" box. and then reboot. However when I hit F5 there is no "computer" to navigate to. the client is using eset 4.2

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest upgrading to v6 (home version) or Endpoint (the successor of v3/v4 Business Edition). The issue you've mentioned will be remedied via a module update within 1-2 weeks.

6. kentonator

We use ESET through Labtech. Does the new version work with this? Also I'd prefer to get this issue resolved today.

I found the setting in ERAC to disable Self-Defense and did so. I haven't made contact with my user yet (at lunch). But if she reboots her PC when I call her, will self-defense be disabled? Or is there anything I have to do prior to her rebooting to ensure her PC will take the new settings.

Is this the best way to disable the service so I can clear the cache?

Once this is finished I will of course re-enable self-defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.