File Sharing Question

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by flexus, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flexus

flexus Registered Member

Hello all, I am new to LNS and had a quick question. I have imported the file sharing info and file sharing is up and running, my question is how does this setting affect me when I go to perhaps a coffee shop? Using Outpost, ZA or most others, you have a window that shows you all available networks and you select trusted or internet. How do I only share files on certain networks and not all networks?
    Thanks.....

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

The rule you imported allow Netbios connections on the 192.168.x.y sub-network.
    If this is the network address used in the coffee-shop you should disable the imported rules.

I guess for other firewalls the trusted zone is also IP with 192.168.x.y, so the same would apply. If the coffee-shop use an IP address in the trusted zone then you are not protected when you go to the coffee shop.

If you have two network interfaces, one for a local network and one for the internet connection, and if the network sharing is only for the local network, then normally there is no need to import the rules, since Look 'n' Stop will watch only the internet connection and not the local one.
    Then in the coffe-shop, it depends the adapter you are using.

Frederic

3. flexus

flexus Registered Member

That's what I needed to know. Thanks for the info!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.