File protection not working

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by cvsa, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cvsa

cvsa Registered Member

As many users, i'd like to protect my other partitions and External HDD. The only way (for the moment !) is the "File protection " functionnality.

But in my case , it seems not to work properly : I select the folders (f: and w: ) i want to protect, i tick the file protection and..... nothing ! I can still delete file in these folders, rename them etc.... what's wrong ? it doesn't work either if i enable "system safe"...

ps : i run both xp and vista pc - with Comodo internet security FW and Avast! AV. The returnil AV module is disabled.

Thx for your help :D

2. developers

developers Registered Member

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi cvsa and welcome to the forums :)

The File Protection feature is scheduled to be replaced in the virtualization engine upgrade being tested in the Labs version which has file/folder exclusions as well as multi-partition/disk virtualization.

RVS 2010 based versions will be getting the new engine with these features going forward, but not all features will be immediately available in the 3x line until the beta testing phase is completed. IOW, look for a feature to be enabled, tested, and then move on to the next one during the beta phase for 3.2 (and maybe 3.3).

Another bit of news you might find interesting is the fact that there will be a new product line based on the current Labs version with a stand-alone management console as an alternative for network and Public Access customers. It will be scalable however to support small Home to large Enterprise environments where the RVS VG is not required.

Mike

4. cvsa

cvsa Registered Member

good to know you're working on it.

BTW where can we get the beta ? :D

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.