"file not available" in Office 2007

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by anc3s, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anc3s

anc3s Registered Member

Whenever i disable the ekrn service I cannot open files in office 2007. I continue to get a "file * is not available" until I start the ekrn service. I am using nod32 v4 and Windows 7 x64. Is there anyway to open files in office without turning on the ekrn service, I am a fairly safe user and don't require the constant use of an av program.

Edit 8/06/2009
    I tried disabling the document protection but as stated by Rmuffler it just comes back on.

I don't think its something built into office 2007 because when i used nod32 v3 and disabled the service i did not have this issue.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello anc3s,

This may be Microsoft related. Shutting down your ekrn service shuts down your AntiVirus protection. Microsoft may have added protection to not allow users to open the files without a running and up to date AV.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you check if there is a setting to disable document protection in nod32?

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Document protection can be turned off but note that document protection will enable on the machines start-up or reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.