File and Printer Shairing in a Domain environment

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Alerck, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alerck

Alerck Registered Member

I'm running this on Vista just in case this comes in to play somehow.

Before ESET: File and printer sharing fine. Run setups off of my laptop through a switch at my desk.

After ESET: I can not find my computer anymore from another networked computer. This is in a domain environtment.

Turning off the firewall allows everything to work again.

The setting to enable file and printer sharing is selected in the advanced options of the firewall. My local network is trusted and all of the computers I'm working with are on the same network.

What rules or other settings do I need to set to allow all computers on my local subnet to be fully trusted? Except the default gateway of corse.

2. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

I'm not sure we're talking about the same type of network or not but here's what worked for me. When I first set up ESS on my existing home network I ran into the same thing. In ESS I went to setup/ Personal Firewall then Configure Trusted Zone. In the Group Settings box that came up next I had to change the Name from Trusted Zone to the name of my network. Then of course the description had to exactly match what the other computers on my network were calling the computer I was trying to set up. Then I added the IP addresses.

The problem was the name "Trusted Zone". It needed to be named the name of the existing network. It took me a while to figure that one out but after I got it the network worked fine.

I hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.