Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TC, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC

TC Registered Member

well
    i just discovered this australian AV soft....

Question to AV gurus( best ones are here I guess ;)): what do you think /this soft (http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html)

TIA

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

The products appear to be resold, made by Computer Associates, the most hated and despised company in the mainframe world, and voracious company acquisitioner, asset-stripper, developer-firer, well-poisoner...etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, according to computer press opinion and those of thousands of IT and contract managers who have held financial guns held to their heads.

Allegedly.

My opinion differs.  My opinion is worse.  I know first-hand about their dirty tricks capabilities.

Faithfully,

Yours,

Anonymous.

3. PrairieDog

PrairieDog Registered Member

Hi.

Computer Associates bought the Australian company Vet a few years ago and then offered the Vet scanner for free under the name InoculateIT Personal Edition. About all they changed was the name in the title bar. (The files were still called Vet*.*, and I personally have installed Vet over top of IPE and vice versa.) So if you're familiar with InoculateIT PE...

Vet is an excellent pure virus scanner, I think, and fast, with small signature files. Virus Bulletin places Vet at the top of its VB100% chart (http://www.virusbtn.com/100/vb100sum.html). It may less good with non-viral malware, however. AV-Test.org in 2001-10 gave it low marks for detection of trojans and backdoors.

A less expensive way to obtain Vet is to buy it under then name eTrust EZ Antivirus.

4. ms

ms Guest

Vet was purchased by CA.  The last time I heard they were still selling the VET product vs. CA.  VET has a good reputation in AUS. accordingto my old team of sales people at another AV company I consulted for.

5. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Nothing to rave about!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.