[Feature request] Support of the now mature Waterfox

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JohanPirlouit, Nov 18, 2023.

1. JohanPirlouit

JohanPirlouit Registered Member

Hello everyone! :)

(First, I apologize for my english :doubt:...)

My question is a feature request:

In 2019, Waterfox development was split into two branches:
    - The "old" WF became Waterfox Classic (still based on FF 56 ... and probably already abandoned).
    - The "new" WF (now always based on the latest Firefox ESR) became successively "Current" (based on FF 68 ESR, the first "new gen" WF), G3, G4, G5 and actually G6 (based on the actual FF 115 ESR).

Now that Waterfox "Gx" is fully mature (and WF has been using its own user profile files for a long time in AppData, both in \Local and \Roaming), I think it is time for SpywareBlaster to support it natively.

Actually, we still have to install Firefox beside Waterfox just to get the FF user profiles folders and .ini files, we have to create a junction (with the "mklink /j" command) to the WF profile inside the FF user folder and to add a "fake" FF profile in the profiles.ini file that enables the WF profile in the FF profiles list.... Forcing WF to be recognized as a regular FF is the only way for SpywareBlaster to work with it (and then it works fine!).

So, please could you add Waterfox native support in SpywareBlaster? It would be nice for all of us users of WF...

Best regards ;),
    Johan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.