Feature Request for SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by psi-jack, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psi-jack

psi-jack Registered Member

I think a command-line option for spywareguard LiveUpdate and some "liveupdate" tool for spywareblaster with the same command-line options, to be able to be fully automated, to check, download, and update, then close itself when done, would be a very useful feature for keeping things up-to-date. With that, even a simple Scheduled Task could automagically run it periodically to keep it up-to-date as something should be. ;)

There's also a problem I noticed, using SpywareGuard 1.x something around there. The LiveUpdate never mentioned a newer version of SpywareGuard being released. I didn't even know about it till I hit the forums here, and saw posts about it. ;)

--

All in all, SpywareGuard, and SpywareBlaster are two programs I very much like, and they do their jobs nicely. I've been using the two for about a month, maybe 2 now, and my experiences have been pretty successful. I continue recomending it to everyone needing spyware protection tools all over, including #Windows95 on DALnet, where I commonly reside. :)

Psi-Jack

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'm considering implementing such an option, but due to the large amount of additional bandwidth use it could cause, it may not be added for a while.

This is a known problem (and one reason why the upgrade was released). ;)

Thanks for the complement! And I'm glad you like the software. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.