Feature request: DVD burning

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by facade, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. facade

facade Guest

I would like the rescue version of TI on the bootable CD to be able to write backups directly to DVD's, including DVDRAM.

2. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Been asked for for years... still nothing... also the option to include the rescue disc environment written to the DVD backup so you don't have to switch as many discs. Carrying around that extra disc... is just stupid if it can be written during the backup process.

Product Management doesn't like to listen to customers and I question their ability to effectively manage their product. The thing that folks there don't seem to understand is that the perception of their products and overall credibility is severely deficient these days. People entrust their data and time to the company... with TI9 they've let their customers down and other than Acronis Support... have not been apologetic one bit. Be nice if the CEO posted a letter informing us what they were doing from a process perspective to ensure these "paid for betas" stop happening and will not occur in the future.

Regardless of my opinion, they need to focus on is making TI9 a stable app first before adding new features.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello facade,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image 9.0 still doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. So, you are not able to write an image to DVD in rescue mode. Please read more information on how to burn your images to DVD in this FAQ article.

The ability to burn images directly to DVD will certainly be implemented in the future versions of a particular software, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.