FDISR ICON

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Ragzarok, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragzarok

Ragzarok Registered Member

How can I change this ugly icon.?
    So far, nothing I tried could do this.

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

to me its nice,ying/yang you could'nt get a better one.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

If you have the full version of FDISR, just be glad.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

It's just a button to click when you want to access the app.

5. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

You could always turn it off using console > tools > options.

SourMilk out:shifty:

6. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Sacrilege...:D...there are tools that can change icons - one I use is Resource Tuner.

7. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings Ragzarok,

The tray icon is compiled in with the code. I might be up for a change in icon. Do you have one of you own that you would want to use??

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

@Todd

In keeping with this topic i recently required a full rebuild from FD-ISR archives and some of my archives i rebuilt again to snapshots is missing the tray icon, could you offer some command line if possible in order to place it back in the tray once again?

I normally have to resort to opening $ISR folder and engage the FD Manager to conduct any work in some of these snapshots.

I know the reason is because some of these snapshots have different names compared to when i reinstalled FD-ISR from scratch to reconstruct the collection again.

Thanks EASTER

9. Ragzarok

Ragzarok Registered Member

Hi,
    I figured as much. I've even tried using resource compilers to no avail. I'd just like to be able to change the icon to something I have and like better. Generally speaking, icons can be changed for shortcuts to programs, but not so in this case.

10. Leapfrog Software

Greetings Easter,

If you are missing the tray icon, all that means is that the ISRMonitor application is not in your startup folder. You can simply create a new shortcut in the snapshots start,programs,startup folder and use:

C:\$ISR\$APP\ISRMonitor.exe

as the location. Of course, you want to make sure it is also always visible in the main GUI. I hope that helps.

Ragzarok: I have made note of your request.

11. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Greetings Todd

You're not going to believe this but after trying that alternative i still had no tray icon.

This is where i now feel really dumb. Simply by chance i opened up the GENERAL TAB, i was lead to look there almost by circumstances and wouldn't you know it, the NO TRAY ICON was somehow checked, of course i corrected it to ALWAYS SHOW, and of course the tray icon is back where it always belonged.

I haven't a clue but for some reason it jumped to No Tray Icon, probably during the rebuild process? I dunno, but for what it's worth all is fine again with that.

Thanks so much for clarifying the reason which encouraged me to look further into this and finally resolve it. I will take better attention at matters like this in the future should they suddenly without notice arise again.

Your group is the Absolute Best there is, and after all this time FD-ISR is still the KING of ISR's, and i challenge any others to match it now or in the future.

Regards EASTER

12. Leapfrog Software

Possibly during the rebuild process, but the setting is in a global config file, so it typically does not get changed automatically.

I was thinking maybe you reinstalled ISR, but the default is to have it on all the time. Hmm, I will ponder on this one for years. :)

Thanks for the nice comments. I will let the team know. We are all pretty happy with the technology. Lately, I have been messing with vLite for Vista and it has been nice to be able to jump back to another snapshot to rebuild from an archive from time to time.

13. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Slightly off-topic but perhaps Todd you may like to pass comment on why you think that my Process Explorer desktop icon is NEVER shown in my secondary snapshot when I boot to it. Copy/update from primary makes no difference.

Instead it is the white generic windows box.

Boot back to primary after a copy/update from secondary, Process Explorer's icon is there.

Been like this for months, it's the only one that's affected like this.

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I like the Ying-Yang! :cool:

Acadia

15. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

its nice talking FDISR lets continue,but filling threads with just about changing an icon its beyond me. o_O :doubt:

btw default icon is a beautyfull creation pointing to a very ancient philosophy.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  16. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Yeah, what if it was a icon of a folder. :D

17. Leapfrog Software

Greetings Stapp,

Interesting. Have you tried removing the backup snapshot and recreating it?

18. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Not tried that Todd, but if I have time at the weekend I will (along with lots of other things I keep putting off!)

By the way, as soon as I click on it it turns into the process explorer icon.

19. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Todd with your idea going round my mind decided to do it this afternoon.

Deleted secondary and recreated it which it did it with 3 errors. So I immediately did a copy update from primary which resulted in a no error copy.

Booted into secondary to be met by the process explorer icon, first time that's ever happened:)

Now I am on a roll, so to speak, think I will delete my external tomorrow and create a new one as the 'finalizing' of the external snapshot takes so long now.

Thanks for helping me solve this Todd, although I am still at a loss as to why copy/update from primary would never recreate the icon.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.