FD-ISR Rescue and Windows System Restore

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Osaban, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there,

I'm trialling FD Rescue (with Vista Ultimate) and so far all is as expected except for the Windows System Restore. I've noticed that by simply switching from the 'original' snapshot to the backup one and vice versa, I lose all restore points.

Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I don't know the menu of FDISR Rescue, but under options/Tasks-tab I find an option : "Exclude System Restore data", which is marked. You might have the same option.
    In general most FDISR-users disable System Restore in Windows, because they don't need it anymore.

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

No there isn't such an option with the Rescue version. One can only exclude folders and files from the copy/update operation, although this happens with a simple switch of snapshot.

Nevertheless it answers my question if you say that in the original version there is a specific option for it. I know that System Restore is unnecessary due to the very nature of the software, but I often wonder whether things are due to errors or by software configuration.

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I'm quite surprised the option isn't there, which probably means you don't have the choice to include or exclude system restore data.
    If system restore data are excluded by FDISR Rescue, Windows System Restore is better disabled, because it's useless now.

5. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

dont be man FDSIR rescue is ShXX :D long live fdisr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.