FD-ISR gone?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by pepperer, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepperer

pepperer Registered Member

What about Eaz-Fix and AyRecovery? Are they closer to FD-ISR Workstation than RollbackRX? Is either one reliable enough to depend on?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

They are RollbackRX

Blue

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

FD-ISR works as a sort of backup solution too for each OS (in a snapshot), as you can keep your snapshots in archives. I actually keep Vista in an archive at the moment, I deleted the snapshot recently, as I am barely using it. If I need, I can restore the archive in 10mins. But "pros & cons" is always a debatable subject, I personally use FD-ISR because I have confidence in it.

No, it doesn't. You can install Vista, FD-ISR, and then create a blank snapshot for XP. It really doesn't matter which way you go.

From my experience, I can only encourage you to go for it. You just have to keep in mind the boot procedure when installing a new OS in a blank snapshot. DO NOT boot from your CD the first time you restart in a blank snapshot. Wait for the NTLDR error, then reboot again... and go for the CD boot...

Cheers,

4. estervantes

estervantes Registered Member

Thanks

This is just what I needed to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.