FD-ISR and Powershadow Master

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Ptah, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You can sort of. What I do is have my Primary working snapshot which is about 17GB, including system, programs, and data. Then I have a stripped down Secondary Snapshot, that is just a bootable windows system. Finally I have an archive of my primary on another drive. I essentially use the archive as a secondary snapshot, but since you can't boot to it, that is why I have the stripped secondary snapshot.

All the copy/updates are back and forth between the Primary and Primary Archive. The secondary is just a place to boot to copy from the archive to primary.

Pete

2. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Peter and Erik did you both update from build 173 to 202 yet?

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Not me and I don't know about Peter, but I don't expect any problems.

I have a re-installation from scratch on my mind to improve my recovery system, so I'm going to wait.

4. Peter2150

I haven't yet either. No urgency. Will probably do it this weekend when I image my systems. I expect it will be routine.

Pete

5. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Peter I read somewhere that you use sandboxie, how does it compare to Powershadow. Do not mean to get off main topic

6. Peter2150

I've wondered the same thing. One thing I like is with Sandboxie it is very easy to get downloaded files out of the sandbox, and also you just delete the sandbox and everything done is gone. No reboots.

Is it as secure. Not if you believe the Powershadow claim of "guarenteed" you can't be infected. I think that claim is way overblown, as anything can be defeated. But in terms of normal bad stuff, I'd say so.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.