FBI now seeking legislation for surveillance without cause for suspicion

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by SteveTX, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

New York Times

2. KookyMan

KookyMan Registered Member

Time for the ACLU to get the big boots....again... and kick some lawmaker's arse.

4th Amendment, don't let us down now!

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

It wouldn't bother me so much if I thought that they would only use these powers to track terrorism. But they have already proven that they have much more in mind. Like spying on the vegetarians (PETA) and gay law students etc...

Lions and Tigers and Vegetarians, OH MY!

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol, I hate to rain on your parade but the ACLU is the reason for 90% of the idiocy you see today in our country. They are NOT, the champions of freedom they are mistaken for.

Now, let me get back on topic. This won't go through fully right away, bits and pieces will get passed that won't put too much of a scare into the population right off the bat....this is called "conditioning", and it's the same exact thing that happens with fuel prices. Think I'm wrong? Ask your neighbor if he/she is happy about current gas prices now. If they say no, let it be and wait until it goes down. Ask them again at that time, you'll likely get a yes. Now, don't bring it up anymore until the price goes above the previous point they were unhappy and ask again, you'll get a no. When it lowers down to the price it was when you first asked the question before and got your initial "no" answer, and ask again....you'll be amazed.

It is by FAR the best way to handle tricky issues with your citizens. Mark my words down, this law the FBI is wanting will get stripped down to a bare minimum, and slowly over time get built back up into its present "big bad scary wolf who's watching me" form.

5. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Everyone who surfs the internet is getting controlled or tracked... stop your illusions... start seeing the reality. Internet has become (or was always?) a huge information collection matrix.

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

100% on the mark. The design of the internet alone, let alone technologies make it reasonably easy to track. People need to remember that the internet is nothing more than a gigantic database.

7. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Well, as one who was there way back when, DarpaNet didn't really want all of you on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.