"Favorites" drop down link property small window hiding behind explorer main window.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by SentaPua, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SentaPua

SentaPua Registered Member

Dear all,
    Suddenly, I went to an address which seemed a doorway to another site. My explorer loaded the page and almost immediately went to the doorway destination site.
    After that, I could no longer load www.google.com.
    Besides, whenever I tried to look at the properties of a favorite link in the Favorites drop down menu, the small property window appeared for less than a second and disappeared.
    I found later that it went hiding behind the main explorer window. When I minimized the explorer, there I could see the small property window in its place.
    CWSHREDDER found cws.qttasks in my computer and removed it.
    After that I could see www.google.com again.
    Everything now seems almost normal.
    However, the small property window still hides behind the main explorer window.
    How can I fix that? How can I make the small property window of the favorites drop down menu stay on top of the main explorer window?
    Thank you all.

2. jhoffa

jhoffa Registered Member

May want to try faber toys. Inside faber toys is a tool to reposition different windows, adjust properties, and hide/enable/disable windows. Not sure if it'll work since i really haven't played around with it much, but hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.