Fastest way to import config xml?

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by stylishjm, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stylishjm

stylishjm Registered Member

I've got 300 sites with Eset that were managed by ERAC, until one day I made a huge mistake of disabling remote administration on all of them via a config update.o_O

Rather than going into each one, typing the password then importing the new XML to re-enable Remote Administration, would there be a way to say, create a .reg file to update the settings, or simply placing the new xml in a directory via some automated script which would save me alot of time? Maybe any other ways that would be faster?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  2. Sanjeevnuts

Sanjeevnuts Registered Member

Were you able to figure out how to import NOD32 configuration from a commandline?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If ERAS settings are misconfigured, the only way how to re-configure them is by reinstalling ESET on workstations using a proper configuration xml.

4. gcs

gcs Registered Member

I have made this same mistake. Did you find a way to resolve this? I was considering the same things as you. If you found where ESET stores its local configuration please let me know so I can fix .

5. Stealth111

Stealth111 Registered Member

I ended up pushing out a reg file at startup via a group policy startup script to set these 2 options:
    "RAClientEnabled"=dword:00000001
    "RAClientServer"="SERVER NAME HERE"

Once that was set, the clients connected to the RAS and eventually got the policies from the server and all was well again.

Just my 2 cents..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.