Faronics Anti-Executable

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Thankful, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Is anyone still using Faronics Anti-Executable? Which version?
    Thanks.

2. yashau

yashau Registered Member

I don't think most people dish out the extra money for it since the built in Windows SRP is pretty much the same thing albeit a bit more manual. Still, nothing beats free :)

3. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Rmus is using AE. I believe he is still using the older version. He made a thread a while back about the differences between the new and old versions.

Edit: Here is the thread. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=231799

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I still use AE2 on some of my older (now) XP units. Although today's Windows O/S Platform are going to be phased out for Windows 7 and beyond, i find it useful enough for the basics in executable intrusions due to it's solid WHITELIST!

In fact at one time i had DEEP FREEZE & AE2 as the only security on a couple of my units.

Today is a real toss up though. With XP Pro i can still reach back and still make good use for protection with once was mainstay programs for Windows 98.

I stopped at version AE2 and my last version of Faronic's DF is past it;s prime too by now and i don't look to update either of them anymore so i really can't suggest for you personally speaking whether the new AE would be worth the try or not. I just read like you that AE3 has had problems but then we now have Vista too which turned all vendors 180 and is still giving them a hard workout implimenting compatibility as they try to integrate for both platforms.

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.