False Positive

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Infinity, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi guys, the first false positive in my two year usage of Nod32, no biggie cause I am positive it is a false one :D

my NOD32 is blaming my spyblocker software as an onknown PE malware...I uninstalled spyblocker cause maybe a corrupt download or whatever...

It was after the update of advanced heuristics module last week that it began to inform me.

you find the install file here:

http://www.spyblocker-software.com/sb.exe

after I installed it again, it reappeared...

just to inform you.

I'll send a install file to samples@nod32.com

no prbs.

edited: email send

cheers

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Thanks for the info
    :)
    BTW - do you use a DFI board?

3. Chiana

Chiana Registered Member

[my NOD32 is blaming my spyblocker software as an onknown PE malware...I uninstalled spyblocker cause maybe a corrupt download or whatever...]

Hi,

Strange, we have run Spyblocker since 2003 and updated on a regular basis, NOD has never prompted about Spyblocker being malware. o_O o_O o_O

[BTW - do you use a DFI board?]

We do have a DFI board.

Rgds

Chiana

4. Gladd8tor

Gladd8tor Registered Member

Hi ... I just been using NOD32 since Saturday and have I have both spyblocker and spywarestopper from the same Author , I'm curious Chiana as to what is taken place ?? Is there some sore of pop up that info you this or Is it just listed in your scan report ? Because I don't seem to be having any problems , not that I am aware of ...

5. Chiana

Chiana Registered Member

Hi Gladd8tor

I'm not having any probs with Spyblocker and NOD32. The original post was from Infinity, saying his NOD32 was tagging Spyblocker as malware.

6. Gladd8tor

Gladd8tor Registered Member

Hi ... My mistake I meant to use INFINITY , Sorry Chiana ... I am curious where does he find this report ?? Is it done when he does a virus scan ? Or if a pop up window inform him this ? Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.