False-positive?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pablorindt, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pablorindt

pablorindt Registered Member

Hi,

Yesterday I got a tip from a friend to download faster with uTorrent. For the little tweak he used a program that's downloadable here: http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

Problem is that ESET let me know that's a virus. He is saying he is using it for almost a year and never experienced a problem. So, where can I let ESET check this file for me?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Is the file you are referring EvID4226Patch :doubt:

If that's the case it would not be considered a "False-positive" but a file Eset feels should be brought to the attention of the user given what the file does. The EvID4226Patch.exe file is considered part of a Potentially unsafe application and is only flagged if the user has altered the default settings given that "option is disabled by default"

3. pablorindt

Mm ok, but I don't think that this patch is an unsafe application. So isn't it possible that ESET scan's the file and then classificates it again?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Then it is your choice to exclude this file and let the patch overwrite Microsofts tcpip.sys file.
    For the protection of the less knowledgeable, I do not forsee Eset nor the majority of other anti-malware programs that flag this tool as possibly un-safe removing this item from their respective databases any time soon. I suspect I'll win the lottery before they all remove it.

Bubba

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Changing connection limits has adverse effects on other aspects of the Interent, least of which is slowness of our forums if it's abused by to many users

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  5. pablorindt

OK, thank you for this information and fast reply's :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.