False Positive....DCSUserProt.exe ?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by moshster, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moshster

moshster Registered Member

Hello: Extremely novice user here

Have been using PG until lately on two different computers, Ewido online scan and AVG say dcsuserprot.exe is Trojan.small [1556] on one computer

[1540] C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\dcsuserprot.exe
    AND C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\DCSUserProt.exe copied exactly from Ewido with caps and non-caps

Six months of running PG--never ran into this---any adviceo_O
    I uninstalled PG to update with newest version---but after reading 90% of posts, do I want to go this route?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. At work, DSL into LinkSys router and two other computers feeding from router, but not networked. I am a title examiner and have to wear the I.T. hat b/c small company.
    Not that I wanted to, but I have spent 60 hrs per month for the past few months trying to keep crap out of the work computers.

Running Norton I.S. 2006, Ad-Aware, DCSWormguard , PG, PepiMk Netalyzer, Safer Networking Regalyzer, had linksys set up so NO incoming but not sure what other users are doing...

I took COBOL undergrad 1989 and am not a dummy, tried Tiny Firewall and ZoneAlarm---really confused where to go from here w/o becoming an expert...
    Thank you, frustrated in toledo

2. moshster

moshster Registered Member

Re: ProcessGuard - Is the free version strong enough?

running ewido again--found Trojan.small in C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BDA133EB-022C-4CC5-A578-7E1F0FB858B0\RP127\A0065707.exe which I recall seeing being submitted as a trojan.

Thanks for any help

3. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.