False Positive belkin wireless utility?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by hangman, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hangman

hangman Registered Member

I ran AVGas this morning with the most recent updates installed and it says that it found "Trojan.agent.F" in C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlo.dll.
    It originates from the Belkin wireless utility,I discovered this while I was reinstalling the utility.

Can someone advise Me as to whether this is a false positive or not

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Assuming you obtained the program from a trusted source (manufacturer's CD or site), the answer is invariably yes. However, as is always the case when this happens, the first thing to do is to submit the offending file to the security software vendor flagging it for both confirmation that it is a false positive and to faciliate the fix.

Blue

3. hangman

hangman Registered Member

Thank You for Your fast reply.
    Yes the software came with the wireless NIC,but as it turns out I had to replace it with another one to get My other computer back online.
    Anyways I'm not sure how to locate the rogue file,I did a search for it and came up with nothing both on the HDD and the CD disk.

4. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Can you please try to send us the setup file(s) of this Belkin wireless utility?
    Maybe this detected file is just stored inside an installer archive.

Please use this website to send us the file(s):
    http://www.ewido.net/en/malware/

EDIT:
    It seems that we have found that false-positive file, we will try to fix this FP with the next signature update.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.