Failure to Activate Acronis Bootable Agent

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JerryC1958, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryC1958

JerryC1958 Registered Member

This is the log from a failed restore. I am trying to restore drive C: from a full backup on a USB hard drive. It does the verify of the backup then doesn't do the required reboot. How do I get this restore to work? This is Win XP Pro on which an upgrade to svc pak 3 got screwed up and now it won't go online. I'll be happy to provide any other information.

JC

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JerryC1958,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Spooky

Spooky Registered Member

I have the same problem on one system. When trying to make a full restore, it just says "Failed to Activate Acronis Bootable Agent" and below it says "bootwiz.sys". And then of course it is unable to do a restore.

Acronis System Report is attached. Windows XP SP2 is used and ATIH 2009 #9646. The same thing happened with the english trial version on another system.

Btw. I searched on the whole disk for the bootwiz.sys, but it couldn't be found. Shouldn't it be somewhere on the system..?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  4. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Can you please download the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (9709) from your account (My Account -> Registered Products) and test it.

If the issue persists contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat attach all necessary diagnostic information requested in previous post.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. Spooky

Spooky Registered Member

I will, unfortunately the download of the latest build is still not available for me for my registered ATIH 2009 key.

acronis2.png

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  6. Acronis Support

Hello Spooky,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

The issue concerning account update with the latest build (9709) of Acronis True Image Home 2009 has already been fixed, you can now download it from your account.

If by any reason you still unable to download it contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat and we will provide you the link for update.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

7. Spooky

Spooky Registered Member

I am still unable to download the latest build for the german version of ATIH 2009. Last time I was told in live chat, that the update is only available for the english version right now. I guess I still have to wait.

8. Acronis Support

Hello Spooky,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

We expect the new build release for the German version very soon. You can receive Acronis' releases and special promotions information if you sign up at our web site here

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.