Failed to read from the sector 0 of the hard disk 2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hawk684, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk684

hawk684 Guest

I installed Acronis True Image Server 7 (build 589) on one of my servers at the office and setup a schedule to backup to a pair of alternating USB drives (So that I can always have one offsite)

It worked fine the first night, then I swapped out the drives and every time I start Acronis I get the message "Failed to read from the sector 0 of the hard disk 2" Retry | Ignore | Ignore All | Cancel. If I select ignore the sector number continues to go up, if I select Ignore All it goes into Acronis and I can go through the Create Image wizard, but at the end I get the error message again, when I do Ignore All again it'll create a valid image (I can explore it and see the files in it) but obviously this is halting the schedule and causing it not to back up since it'll just sit at that error message otherwise.

Rebooting fixes the problem on whichever drive is plugged in at boot up, but as soon as I change out drives, both give me that error message until I reboot again.

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Yeah, it's a pain sometimes. Of course the combination of drives, controllers, etc is endless, so some work differently than others. When I had almost this exact problem, I was able to fix it by power cycling the USB drive. (did not need to reboot the server) YMMV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.