"Failed to read firewall configuration"

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Produde, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Produde

Produde Registered Member

I keep getting this error on my Win'7 x64 with the latest Eset Smart Security 5 (v5.2.9.1) I just downloaded and activated. The latest service pack and updates have been installed for the OS.

I had Kaspersky on there before but I uninstalled it successfully and installed Eset for the first time ever on that pc.

I don't want to uninstall eset and reinstall unless I could retain all the settings I configured for the firewall rules, etc.

I found this article that describes my problem but it's of no use since I'm using Eset 5 and I already have the latest service pack and updates installed:

http://kb.eset.cz/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2416

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When contacting Customer care, also provide a Process Monitor log from the point when the error occurs.

4. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

I also get a similar firewall message on win7 sp1 ultimate x86 and it persists after several uninstalls re installs using the eset uninstall tool also i got the same thing on earlier v5 builds

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's likely due to a permission issue. Generating a Process Monitor from the moment of reproducing the error would shed more light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.