"Failed to read firewall configuration"

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Produde, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Produde

Produde Registered Member

I keep getting this error on my Win'7 x64 with the latest Eset Smart Security 5 (v5.2.9.1) I just downloaded and activated. The latest service pack and updates have been installed for the OS.

I had Kaspersky on there before but I uninstalled it successfully and installed Eset for the first time ever on that pc.

I don't want to uninstall eset and reinstall unless I could retain all the settings I configured for the firewall rules, etc.

I found this article that describes my problem but it's of no use since I'm using Eset 5 and I already have the latest service pack and updates installed:

http://kb.eset.cz/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2416

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When contacting Customer care, also provide a Process Monitor log from the point when the error occurs.

4. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

I also get a similar firewall message on win7 sp1 ultimate x86 and it persists after several uninstalls re installs using the eset uninstall tool also i got the same thing on earlier v5 builds

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's likely due to a permission issue. Generating a Process Monitor from the moment of reproducing the error would shed more light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.