Failed to read firewall configuration.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Teazle, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teazle

Teazle Registered Member

Had this problem since beta 2. install works fine (apart from username and password for update is always blank, and i have to reset it after install to update).

Always when starting computer it throws a popup stating it cant read the firewall conf. when i open the advanced window same thing. checking my firewall rules, says the same BUT shows all rules properly.

I can't say much more really, my winXP is a stripped down SP2 using nLite. I'm surprised it stopped working in beta 2 when beta 1b worked fine (1a did not, cause of installer problems on my system).

Anyone could help me shed some light on the situation, i know i dont give much to work with but its all i have to offer right now. More specifics on what exists on my system can be provided in a few hours when i get back home so i can inspect my disc.

edit: i have now used the log command to log the data, do you want me to send it in? (i dont really wanna just unanounced send 1mb logfile)
    also, i noticed after install: the two (2) msiexec.exe threads started, one as SYSTEM and one as Current User, are not terminated when the installdialog is closed. By that problem, i was unable to extract the logfile at first, I had to restart the system (killing the processes resulted in loss of data in logfile)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  2. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

I've had that FW config read problem since beta 1 on a full Win2K SP4 test system. I also get random ntos and wanarp BSOD's with ESS. I run EAV 3 RC1 now and it's solid, but I seldom get malware at all so who knows.

Between Earthlink ISP and OpenDNS I get well filtered email with little spam; Much better than any desktop SPAM with no maintenance or resource drain.

3. Teazle

Teazle Registered Member

I have to say that response helps me not, but atleast it shows im not alone with these problems. i hope that eset do not go live with ESS before fixing this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.