Failed to read data from disk error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DavidBiland, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidBiland

DavidBiland Registered Member

Im getting an error when trying to do a full disk backup.
    The error is:
    'Failed to read data from disk. Failed to read from sector 6,435,279 of hard disk 1. Retry/Ignore/Ignore All/Cancel.'

Im using Acronis True Image Home ver 10 with latest update on a WinXP system with NTFS file system. Ive run the Disk Check utility. Everything else seems ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Did you use the /r option when you checked every partition with chkdsk?

3. DavidBiland

DavidBiland Registered Member

I used the Tools, Check Disk facility in C: properties and selected both
    'Automatically Fix File System Errors' and
    'Scan For and Attempt Recovery of Bad Sectors'.

This recquired are reboot and ran before WinXP restarted.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DavidBiland,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please run the check disk with both settings on all other partitions you have (if any).

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive and install unpacked MSI package.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please clarify, where are you storing the backup at.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. deepforwar

deepforwar Registered Member

May Be this can help as well,

I'm facing same problem now, and I think my encrypted hard drive can be a cause of this error message. If your hard disk is encrypted or any files are encrypted and you run acronis without mounting those sectors to decrypt, Acronis, I think, can't read particular data

6. The4Bs

The4Bs Registered Member

We had the same thing. We ran "chkdsk /r" from the command prompt (start, all programs, accessories, command prompt) and it ran after a reboot. chkdsk found a bad sector, removed it from the mix, repaired the corrupt file and all backups have been fine since then.

I think you may have already done this - I'm not sure if running "chkdsk /r" is the same as the procedure you followed so I offer this up on the slim chance that it makes a difference how you run this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.